Plotting Service Information - Geoelectric Field
Plots of the geoelectric field are obtained from model calculations which rely on the one minute variations of the geomagnetic field which are available for all Canadian magnetic observatories. These plots show:
- Ex: northward electric field
- Ey: eastward electric field
Universal Time (UT) is used. The vertical scaling is done in two ways for the selected period. The fixed scale is determined from the maximum positive and negative variations for all components. The auto scale is determined from the variation of each component.
- Start Date : The start year, month and day of interest.
- Start Hour : The start hour of interest.
- Duration : The number of hours of data to plot from the start date and time.
- Observatory : Observatory opened during the date and time of interest. This list may change with the selection of time parameters. Please refer to the observatory information table on the form to see when the observatories are opened or closed.
- Scale : The fixed scale is determined from the maximum positive and negative variations for all components. The auto scale is determined from the variation of each component.
- Output Format : Return the result in the following formats
- PNG : Return in PNG image format.
- JPEG : Return in JPEG image format.
- CSV : Return the result in comma separated format. The first row of the file is the header containing the columns Date, Time, and the component combination requested. The rows after the header are the results.
- Accessible HTML Table : Return the result as a HTML table
The data used for plotting can be downloaded using the Digital Data Download application.
- Date modified: